IV Symposium Program
Day 1: 05/24/2016
01:30 pm-05: 00.- Visit to the Rum Factory of Cardenas, former Arechabalas.
- Opening of the IV International Symposium Light Rum Festival.
- Guided Conference "From Arechabalas Industries to Rum Factory of Cardenas, peculiarities of the city, origins, traditions, architecture".
- Guided tasting of Perla del Norte rum.
6:00 PM-7: 00 PM.- flairtending show with the Association of Bartenders in the hotel pool.
Day 2: 05/25/2016
9:30 AM-11: 00 PM.- Theater Hotel Barceló "Arenas Blancas" Specialized Conferences Session.
- 9:30 AM: International Trade in traditional Cuban products. Special features of the US market for its introduction.
- 10:00 AM - 11: 00.- The characteristics of the rums of the West. Elements for a DOP. Updated Resolution 135. The quality of Cuban Light Rum: impact of technology and innovation on the Cuban rum industry.
- 11:00 AM: Coffee Break.
- 11:30 AM: Foreign investment: business opportunities in the industry.
- 12:00 M.- Packaging: industry trends.
- 12:30 PM.- Cubay Liqueurs: an amalgam of flavors for Cuban cocktails.
02:00 AM-04: 00 PM.- Theater Hotel Barceló "Arenas Blancas" Specialized Conferences Session.
- 2:00 PM.- "Rum Factory of Cardenas, former Arechabalas, a space where the knowledge of the Masters Cuban Rum is transmitted".
- 2:30 PM.- The Route of Cuban Light Rum.
- 03:00 PM.- Development of new products in the Cuban rum industry. Commercial introduction of Perla del Norte Rum and products tasting.
- 4:00 PM - 06:00 PM.- Dialogue with the Masters of Cuban Rum.
08: 30-9: 30 PM.- Gala Dinner at the Hut of the Hotel.
- Theater Hotel Barceló "Solymar" Supporting events.
09:30 PM - 12: 30.- Competition Session
- Gourmet Competition.
- Cocktail Competition.
- Blind Tasting Competition.
2:00 PM - 04:00 PM.- Continuation of the competitions.
6:00 PM - 07:00 PM.- Awards ceremony in the pool bar of the Hotel.
Day 3: 05/26/2016
9:30 AM-12: 30 PM.- Rum Festival in Varadero. Product presentations and tastings in shopping malls, sale outlets and tourist facilities of Cuba Ron products and other rum producers and marketers.